Learn how to manage your app credentials
The Desktop.com Password manager stores passwords for apps in one place. In this way, you will not have to select a username and password on the login page or push the login button each time you want to launch the app.
The Desktop.com Password manager will autofill your app credentials after you set them up for the app.
The browser plugin automatically recognizes when new credentials to apps or sites are entered and allows you to add password-based apps from your browser to a desktop. You won’t need to create apps manually and later update login credentials, as this will be configured automatically.
How to manage passwords for apps:
The “Unlock credentials” button is located on the left panel, under the workspace list.
- Go to the Apps section at your desktop
- Click the “Show menu” button
- Click the button with 3 dots imaged and then click the “Edit app” button
- Choose “Manage passwords” in the menu
- Enter your login and password used for this application and click the “Update” button
Please,note, that some apps have login forms which we currently do not support.
All apps with stored credentials will belong to the section “My passwords" in the App Store
How to manage apps from "My passwords" section:
- Go to the "Apps" section at your desktop
- Click the "Add" button
- Choose "My apps" from the menu
- Click the button with 3 dots imaged and then click the "Edit" button
- In the Edit app menu click the "Edit" button
- You can then change your credentials for this app
- Click the "Update" button in order to finish the process.
What happens if I forget the password for my Desktop.com account ?
You can still change the password for logging in to Desktop.com by following the instructions on how to change your password. You will restore an access to your Desktop.com account, but your workspace owner will need to approve your password change in order to restore an access to your app credentials (as you will still have your old password set for unlocking app credentials before the owner’s approval)
If you are the workspace owner, you will get a notification, asking you to confirm the password change for the user. You will need to accept the password request change in order to grant the user access to stored passwords.
Please, find more guides on using the Desktop.com in the related articles: